About: Robert Z. Cashman
- I am Robert Z. Cashman, owner of the Cashman Law Firm, PLLC. Our firm helps defend internet downloaders accused of downloading copyrighted movies and videos. We also help inventors protect their inventions and their intellectual property. I am licensed to practice in the state of Texas, in New York, before the US Patent & Trademark Office, and before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Posts by Robert Z. Cashman:
October 21, 2016 John Steele & Prenda Law Inc. Sanctioned $500,000.
August 24, 2016 Off Topic: “Group Buying” Through The Eyes of Piracy.
HOW TO BEST READ THIS SITE:
- RT @EFF: Everything you ever wanted to know about law and cryptography, featuring EFF's @ncardozo youtube.com/watch?v=6lOnva… 5 hours ago
- DieTrollDie Re-Blog: How copyright trolls are forcing defendants deeper into the federal cases, and how to respond. ift.tt/2duopNS 5 days ago
- RT @techdirt: Team Prenda Loses Big Again: Told To Pay Over $650k For Bogus Defamation Lawsuit ift.tt/2eBN942 5 days ago
- RT @DieTrollDie: "I want to see Orange!" - John Steele & Prenda Law Inc. Sanctioned $500,000. torrentlawyer.wordpress.com/2016/10/21/joh… 5 days ago
- Haha Twitter.com ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED. You don't see that every day. 5 days ago
- John Steele, #Prenda Law fined $500,000 in punitive damages. Feels good, but doesn't solve the problem. torrentlawyer.wordpress.com/2016/10/21/joh… 5 days ago
- RT @DieTrollDie: Answering A BT Copyright Troll Summons/Complaint dietrolldie.com/2016/10/21/ans… https://t.co/1xImUEOgeR 5 days ago
- John Steele & Prenda Law Inc. Sanctioned $500,000. ift.tt/2eqFB5k 5 days ago
- @fightcopytrolls What's this? Invoking jurisdiction based on being followed on Facebook? What case is this? 1 week ago
- @fightcopytrolls Please don't live tweet it. ;P Wishing you a speedy recovery. 1 week ago
- RT @techdirt: No Matter Who's Elected, Surveillance Powers And Programs Unlikely To Be Scaled Back ift.tt/2edb9dn 1 week ago
- RT @Dashvictim: Linda Ellis has finally hired someone to run her troll operation now that John Jolin baled on her. She's still... https://t… 1 week ago
- RT @techdirt: Who's On (The) Second (Circuit)... And Why Are They Screwing Up Copyright Law? ift.tt/2d9SOB2 1 week ago
- RT @VolokhSpeech: [Eugene Volokh and Paul Alan Levy] Dozens of suspicious court cases, with missing defendants, aim at getting ... https://… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Nash076: Oh. Oh, damn, Samsung. Oh damn. Damn. arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/1… https://t.co/WLhFg6SvKM 2 weeks ago
- DieTrollDie Re-Blog: How copyright trolls are forcing defendants deeper into the federal cases, and how to respond.
- John Steele & Prenda Law Inc. Sanctioned $500,000.
- Software Developers are now tracking piracy through the USE of downloaded software.
- Piracy is a ‘black market’ symptom of the mispricing of copyrighted content.
- Dallas Buyers Club sues Voltage Pictures for suing defendants using the Dallas Buyers Club, LLC name, but not sharing proceeds.
- Off Topic: “Group Buying” Through The Eyes of Piracy.
- A rant about Hollywood and poor quality content and distribution.
- We are winning the bittorrent piracy war against copyright holders, but what are the unintended consequences?
- The strange case of the Girls Gone Wild DMCA notifications (CEG-TEK)
- Attorney Fees to a Winning Defendant — “It’s a Shell Game”
- Malibu Media claims it wants to catch the initial seeder: why this claim sounds shallow
- Magistrate judge declines to award copyright troll attorney fees because copyright trolling fees does not advance the purposes of The Copyright Act
- Malpractice insurer alleges that Lipscomb lied on the application, sues to rescind the coverage
- Defendant moves for sanctions against Malibu Media and its attorneys Brenna Erlbaum and Brian Heit
- With surgical skill judge McNulty removes 96% from a demanded $100+K default judgement and discovers a terminal case of possible Malibu Media’s fraud on the federal judiciary
- Answering A BT Copyright Troll Summons/Complaint
- “London Has Fallen” BT Copyright Troll Case, 2:16-cv-02028 (NV) – 23 Does
- DieTrollDie – October 2016 Update
- Criminal Contempt? (John Steele/Prenda Law) & Cobbler NV Cuts & Runs
- How NOT To Run A Single-Doe BT Copyright Infringement Case, 3:15-cv-00866 (OR)
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- September 2010
- July 2010
Firm Specialty Sites
Keywords that best describe our CyberLaw Practice:
torrent lawyer, caught downloading, caught uploading, riaa, mpaa, computer law, isp subpoena, quash subpoena, eff, eff.org, accused ip address, illegal download lawyer, torrent, seeding, cyberlaw, utorrent law, law on downloading, law torrent, law bittorrent, copyright infringement, accused copyright, privacy internet, accused of seeding, accused of downloading, accused bittorrent, accused illegal download, accused computer, internet attorney, internet lawyer, download copyright, copyright violation, texas attorney, texas lawyer, tx attorney, tx lawyer, houston attorney, houston lawyer, bittorrent attorney, bittorrent lawyer, copyright attorney, copyright lawyer, eff attorney, eff lawyer, isp subpoena letter, copyright troll, copyright infringement, prenda law, malibu media, trademark lawyer houston, trademark attorney houston, website blocked, website seized, ice seized website, torrent lawyer, torrentlawyer
The contents of this web site are for information purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as legal advice or a solicitation for legal representation. If you have any questions, contact an attorney competent in the area of law in which you seek assistance.
No attorney-client relationship is assumed or formed until a signed contract and retainer fee is received by the Cashman Law Firm, PLLC.
The opinions and articles contained in this web site are not guaranteed to be accurate according to the law, and the site is not updated to reflect developments or changes in the law. Laws change frequently, so to obtain up-to-date information on the current state of the law, contact an attorney.